All the news the New York Times "forgot" - to print

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Snow Monsters and Blogger ethics...

This guy below looks like one of the Sox's pitchers after throwing against the "Tough Toronto Blue Jays”... Check out this, and this...

Actually what happened was one morning I woke up and saw this thing walking up to the house. I guess you could say very stiffly and slowly trudging towards the house. Realizing that this 'thing' could be a blog worthy story, but still not sure whether I should open the door and brave the outdoors to see, I bravely decided to face the music - and after arming myself with a pot of boiling water, (how else do you defend yourself from snow monsters?) and camera; Out I go. With my country standing behind me (I hope...) in this search of the unknown. To go, where none has gone. To see, what has been hidden for the ages! To - What?

Just as I was thinking those thoughts, this "Thing" spoke up and said in a morbid tone "how about dumping that pail of water over me so I can see where I'm going fool!"

"Of course," I said rationally. "But you see, I'm a blogger. And my blogger code of ethics says that I must have something to write about -"

The "Thing broke in. "And I, who has been wandering through the woods for days and nights without food, drink, or shelter must wait yet another minute out in this horrendous weather? While thou take’st pictures and other foolishness?"

Holding myself back from simply turning around, and going back inside my comfy home and leaving this rude intruder to sort out his own ways was a struggle. "Sir," I asked. "Have I not done enough already? Did I come out here for my own comfort or pleasure? Nay, it was out of the compassion of my heart and the softness of my soul that I came... Not for money, or fame. Simply for you benefit. And now thou does assail me for but wanting to take a simple picture? Repent and I may still -"

I never finished my sermon. The “Thing” for some reason seemed to lose it’s sense of self control and came lumbering towards me a speed I had not thought little it could attain. It didn’t say anything now. It just ran - at me. Steam started to rise from the creature as it lumbered yet faster and faster... and then just as I began to see just what it was - it was on top of me...

Don’t ask me how I got the picture… If you did I would have to tell you that I didn’t take it at all… And if I told you that, this story would have to be false (!)… But since you don’t know that information, I’m safe…

1 Comments:

Blogger Booker said...

Oh man, it looks like a whole herd moved in.

I guess Scully and Mulder had nothing on you, eh? :) Way to look for blog material, a sign that you are truly dedicated...

Sunday, 02 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home