All the news the New York Times "forgot" - to print

Friday, September 16, 2005

Congress at the bat?

Ever since baseball has come in force back to Washington D.C in the way of the Washington Nationals, the new congress has been using a lot of baseball terminology – most recently in the John Roberts nomination process. As of last Wednesday according to drudge report, the word ‘umpire’ was used at the minimal 30 times.
Moving on to my tirade for the day...

We all know for a fact that John Kerry is a fanatical Red Sox fan (he can name players I didn’t even know played for them such as Manny Ortiz). And he proved his fidelity by claming that he would rather win the 2004 pres. election then witness the Sox win a world series. As you can see - loyalty at its apex. May the Red Sox ever have such faithful and devoted fans as he…

But he’s not their only notable fan. I also know that screaming Howard also clams to be a Sox fan, as well as Teddy Kennedy. Stephen King, the noted writer of children’s stories, is one of the Red Nation as well. My point? Red Sox = Lib’s and Horror stories. And even the most optimistic soul can see, the Sox are the provably fly paper for the latter.

Good luck in making the playoffs Boston

4 Comments:

Blogger Booker said...

I have to say, you're assigning of fans was a bit biased. You should also do the same for the yanks :)

But I had to laugh at the John Kerry crack. that was hilarious...

Saturday, 17 September, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now do you get these pictures that you keep posting off the internet or do you have a digital camera?

Sunday, 18 September, 2005  
Blogger Rex Tyrannus said...

For the next nominee will they use football terminology, seeing that the NFL season will be in full swing?

Sunday, 18 September, 2005  
Blogger Silas said...

First, sorry for not responding for soooooooooooo long to your comments. My internet server was down Saturday through late Sunday night.

To The Phantom of The Opera. The Sox most certainly have a major liberal fan base. Maybe it has something to do with them based in New England…

Prince Caspian. Red Sox hate???(?)? The article was about Red Nation fans. Not about “how much I hate the Sox.”

RyuSoma. I have been keeping track of your recent series of sermons on the sovereignty of checking your blog for spam. And not using what I call, “the nuclear option.” I was going to post a comment on notable Yankee fans; however I think it would make a humorous piece, so maybe Wednesday.

_|\|_ All the picture posted on this site, exempt one or two, are taken by the SNS news staff. We currently have two D.C, because one broke for a while and then was resurrected by one of my siblings (the staff). Thanks for visiting!

Rex Tyrannus. Are you kidding? Did you see Patrick Ramsey, the Redskins QB last week? I don’t see any foot ball lingo seeping into the Hill anytime soon.

Tomorrow, barring myself getting run over by a truck or something else dreadful, I will update.

Monday, 19 September, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home