All the news the New York Times "forgot" - to print

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Willamsburg day one

Greetings one and all from Williamsburg!

I must confess that we still have not yet actually gone to historical Willamsburg – but however! We however nearly drove into it last night when we were trying to find our way to our temporary abode. The trip down took about 11 hours so when we got here it was almost midnight (10:47pm I think to be exact). After we unloaded the car I went over with my Mom to a 7-11 to pick up some provisions for the little screamers. There where about six people in the checkout not counting us and every single one of them was at least buying a six pack of beer. Interesting…

Prices. Everything costs at least half of what it does up north. 2.99 up north = 1.50 down here.

Speaking of the north: I’ve been preparing my retorts to any civil war questions that southern’s might bring up in the course of this trip – basically this is it – “We won.” Haaaa… If they press further I have my next answer – “We won and we also get to write the history books.”…

How to act like you’re from the ol south when you ain’t: 1. Be the first to ask “where aree you’llll froam?” 2. Make sure you say “good morning” to every single person you walk by until 11:05am. 3. And if you really have your head screwed on backwards you could go around wearing a coat complaining about the glacially cold 76 degree temperatures.

I was looking through the pictures a second ago and I asked my brother why one of the pic’s was so dark. He answered “because I was wearing sunglasses.”

?????. What? O----k---. ?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Rex Tyrannus said...

Is that picture really of Williamsburg?!?

Sunday, 02 April, 2006  
Blogger Narniagirl said...

Enjoy the Governor's mansion while you can!!!

Tuesday, 04 April, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

{Narnia girl} have YOU ever been to the Governor's mansion...

??????

Sunday, 09 April, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the mansion....... I WONDER......

Friday, 14 April, 2006  
Blogger 1smalldino said...

i thought it was the governers mansion!!too

Sunday, 16 April, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is....

Sunday, 16 April, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is....

Sunday, 16 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home