All the news the New York Times "forgot" - to print

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Jamestown

Jamestown - the little city in the swamp -

Dark storm clouds covered the astrosphere as I rode to the first successful (major) settlement in America - Jamestown. Knowing I was about to embark on a trek through a area that once boasted a 1 in 7 survival rate for it's residents, I was careful to contact a lawyer to finalize my will (and last testament). I felt this same sense of doom was with all the members of the party I was traveling with as we drove by a gate that had a cheerful but menacing "Welcome to Jamestown!"

Thunder Clap.

----------------------------------------------------
Cut, cut, cut, Cut, CUT!!!.... Let’s try that over again...
----------------------------------------------------

It was a bestial April day as I gracefully leaped out of the van onto the vintage asphalt parking
lot that I suppose was laid by the first settlers of Jamestown- the purpose of this expedition by the way. (did you know I was writing about Jamestown?) After going through the usual ticket process, we spilled (we were in a group of about 130 people) onto the first historical crime scene - the "native America" reenactment site. I looked around for about a total of sixty seconds and I seen all I need to see. It's badly done. The sets are bad and even more, the actors are unrealistic.

Grade - C

Moving on to the actual settlement, the first thing I noticed was that everything was way (way) too clean. If you've ever gone to Plymouth Plantation then you'll know what I'm taking about - Plymouth makes you feel like you're actually back in time walking around and at any moment you could come across a dead animal still waiting to be processed - Jamestown on the other hand looks like a abode with no kids and a full time housekeeper! Ridiculous... Again the actors are fake (I almost used unbelievable…). The buildings are nice and almost (almost) real - but as I stated - everything is too nice and neat which = in my ratings a very bad no, no.

Someone please buy them a dirt blower and some pigs.

Grade - (I'll be nice) - C+

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Silas said...

No it's not my new kingdom... Is it yours?

Long live me!!!

Wednesday, 12 April, 2006  
Blogger Silas said...

Closing the polls...

The great question of all time.... which is the best?
Debate (65) 42%
Speech (7) 5%
Drama (81) 53%

Total Votes: 153

Wednesday, 12 April, 2006  
Blogger Silas said...

Woops! looks like I erased a comment! Sorry.

Wednesday, 12 April, 2006  
Blogger Silas said...

Close one. I had two of the same pages open - and I hadn't closed one. So I found Ryusoma's comment. I'll repost it.

Wednesday, 12 April, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bestial? Ok, that is just a weird description, lol.

And by the by, any idea who this Aslan is? He's been pestering me on my site, and while I know [s]he comes from here and is from RI, I can't get any more "real" info :-) I just don't want to write something in a comment that I would regret at a later date, heh, heh, heh...

Wednesday, 12 April, 2006  
Blogger Booker said...

Ur lucky pal! You came this close[imagine fingers touching] to losing my patronage! heh, heh, heh...

Wednesday, 12 April, 2006  
Blogger Silas said...

In response.

Why in the world would I know who Aslan is? Look at my profile - I'm from The Free Democratic Republic of Christmas Island - not RI.

I'm sorry He/She/It/Whatever has been bothering you and I sincerely hope that the perpetrator of these crimes against humanity will face a swift a harsh judgment.

Long live me!!!

Thursday, 13 April, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who is this mysterious king arthur!!!

Thursday, 13 April, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who are you?? do (I) know you??

Friday, 14 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home