All the news the New York Times "forgot" - to print

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Where's the beef?

I was just thinking about how bad the sports coverage is up here in New England. Especially with the newspapers when it come to football. Every Monday after the game I have a routine of stopping at some gas station to pick up the Boston Globe or Providence Journal; and just about every time I think it's a waste of my 75c's. Top Headline, Study says Middle Schooler's are more at risk of becoming juvenile delinquents then those over 25 who are involved in sports. ‘ O.k… Next', Schilling gets shelled, Red Sox slump in series...


Now at this point I begin to think that there might be a chance that the paper might just have a story or two on the Patriots previous day overtime win on an Adam Vinatieri 60 yard field with the clock clicking down to zip as the ball leaves the ground. This should be a sports writer’s dream of a story come true. At least in most places. Not here. After scanning through another set of miniature headlines (there starting to become face lines now) such as, Dog racing gaining speed in Candia, Man’s dream of sky diving comes true, damage to the turf below the green monster is still being accessed, and many more fibrlous stories of buffoons and thugs that grace the front page, I spot in the corner a microscopic article entitle Pats win yet another tough one. Turn to page C12 for more Pat’s coverage.

2 Comments:

Blogger Silas said...

"I shall not give up the ship! Get behind me evil spammers!"

Wednesday, 07 September, 2005  
Blogger Booker said...

Ha. I just don't read newspapers, so that solves my problems :) Besides, who's ever seen any major articles about anime in the paper? Thankgoodness for the internet...

Thursday, 08 September, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home