All the news the New York Times "forgot" - to print

Friday, September 09, 2005

Red Sox Vs Yankees

David wells vs. Aaron Small, who is always coming through in big ways
The above pix sort of reminds me of the blessed rivalry that the teams blissfully share. I think the closest one is Derek Jeter, and the one holding the bottle of Zip Juice is Curt Schilling. Although he does bear a resemblance of David Wells, or Manny Ramirez for that matter. You see it's 'eve-aolution'. If we all come from chimps and apes or jelly fish or whatever, then there's no reason for them (R.S, Y.) to get out on the field each year and have a good old scrap. All their doing is going back to "their true, pure, animal behavior instincts. Survival of the fittest" (or the guy with the least guys beating him up ratio to the ratio of friends protecting him, which I must say the Bo Sox do very well).

I don't not like the Red Sox. But I don't hate them either. I don't rout for them to lose just because their the red sox. I don't feel all warm and fussy inside when I hear that one of their players is struggling (think Keath Foulke). I want my team to win, and I care less how your team is doing when you’re not playing us. This an’t Europe, where the teams and fans actually loath each other to the point of inflicting bodily harm to each other. This is America, where I cheer for America's team, like an American.

Go Yankees!!!!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Scott Dunlap said...

Tash -

Thanks for your comment on my trail running blog. Here's what I posted in response. Happy blogging!

SD

Tash -

Thanks for the question. One thing I've found out is that you have to run slow to run fast. By that I mean building a base over a few months early in your "season" where you don't push yourself so hard that you can't hold a conversation. It feels lame when you're doing it, but really pays off when you start running faster.

Heart rate monitor co's and training software co's love to rant on this concept of building aerobic capacity. Here's a link --> http://www.pccoach.com/newsletters/Feb03/aeropigg.htm

I've also found swimming to be great with breathing control. But the best first step is to get out there and go slow!

- SD

Friday, 09 September, 2005  
Blogger Silas said...

Thanks for the advice. Happy blogging!

Friday, 09 September, 2005  
Blogger Rex Tyrannus said...

Splendid creatures.

Friday, 09 September, 2005  
Blogger Silas said...

No. I am not a flip-flopper. I could go into all the reasons why but you won’t understand. You see to put it simply. I was a Red Sox fan before I wasn’t, and then I was and now I'm not or maybe I am. I'm almost sure I'm not though... Ask me tomorrow. Or actually ask me the day after tomorrow.
..

To put it in it's most strongest, most simplest words. I am not a flip-flopper!!

Go TrotManny B. Ortz!!!

Saturday, 10 September, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soooooo Tash, You think the Red Sox are doing pretty well Eh???
You do seem to be flipping back and forth! You are right Caspian!
Tash, do you know whom I am yet?
"not anyone you'd know"
P.S. I'm NOT K.C.

Saturday, 10 September, 2005  
Blogger Booker said...

I know exactly how you feel Tash. To try to explain it to someone who doesn't already understand is impossible. It is like explaining gravity. It simply is, and can't yet be truly explained by science...

Saturday, 10 September, 2005  
Blogger Silas said...

No I have no idea of who you are anony mous. But I guess you like it that way. Do I have to explain to you any more reason why I am not a flip-flopper??(?) Plese refer to my comment above, which I believe should clear everyone's mind on this issue.

RyuSoma, As those dufflpods say in Aslan's book. "That's right Chief!"

Saturday, 10 September, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is Anonymous and why in the world are you bothering Tash???
This is crazy!!!!
I think you are KC! And what's this "not anyone you'd know" business?????
Whatever!

Thursday, 15 September, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about "Casey"? Would that work?

Monday, 19 September, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home