All the news the New York Times "forgot" - to print

Thursday, July 06, 2006

I spent the fourth of July in jail

We went over to some friend’s house to on July 4th. It was looking like it was going to downpour the whole time but it didn't actually rain till about 6-6:30 so it turned out all right. We played a couple of Capture the Flag games - once again I was the hero- managing to get myself in jail at least three times in each game... But! At least I tried! Most everyone else just sat around and waited for the other team to go nuts & come across the line...Later on they fired off some fireworks- but the main attraction was an impromptu war board game which we played while it rained. I was one good dice roll away from winning but fate snatched victory away from me and needlessly to say – I lost.

Looks like the Red Sox may get swept by the Devil Rays.... haahaa! (technically they've already been swept since they have lost three games in a row to the same team) That's about the most embarrassing thing that could happen to any team. Last year when the Yankees got swept some Sox fans where quick to rejoice... It will be interesting to see how they react to the Sox catastrophe if indeed it does happen.


Don't I come up with good post titles?...

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Booker said...

ryc-Like the Phoenix...

Thursday, 06 July, 2006  
Blogger Narniagirl said...

Seems like you lose alot.

Thursday, 06 July, 2006  
Blogger Silas said...

I lose alot? First, "alot" is not a word...

2'ly as far as losing - in capture the flag I actually went 2-1. And I got the flag on one of those wins - so you theory doesn't hold water or root beer.

By the way. Didn't you lose something like an election this year? I haven't heard you say anything about it?...

Thursday, 06 July, 2006  
Blogger Narniagirl said...

I knew you'd bring THAT up! That comment was just a fun joke.

Yes I did lose re-election. You want it in big letters? I LOST RE-ELECTION!!! I AM NOT GOVERNOR OF TEENPACT ANYMORE!

But I had a BLAST doing it!! And it's fine when you lose to someone you trained. The friendships I gained are priceless. Also, all my big supporter's ran for Governor. I guess I started something!!

Friday, 07 July, 2006  
Blogger Narniagirl said...

Are you in shock??

Saturday, 08 July, 2006  
Blogger Silas said...

In shock of what?

Saturday, 08 July, 2006  
Blogger Narniagirl said...

That I am NOT Governor of Teenpact anymore!?!

Sunday, 09 July, 2006  
Blogger BlackWtrMerc said...

Hold on.. Tampa Bay is not the worst team in the league they in fact have the BEST lefty pitcher in Kasmir. It's not like getting swept by KC or Pittsburg.

Monday, 10 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home