All the news the New York Times "forgot" - to print

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Random Rants

Why does snow taste good if you put it in your own mouth, but ghastly if someone else does? (?)

Yesterday I was stuck in a rather precarious position while preparing to watch the BCS college football Fiesta Bowl. Do I root for my home (old) team the Ohio Buckeyes or Notre Dame whom Patriots former offensive coordinator Charlie Rice is now coaching? (And coaching brilliantly may I add) Needing answers, I quickly took a flight over to India and climbed a rather high mountain full of snakes, snakes and more snakes (all of them poison’s by the way)… Upon reaching the summit, I found a Guru feeding his pet snake and asked him to reveal the answer to my dilemma. He gently set down his pet snake and said solemnly, “abbbaa comoo e’ll madga!” Woe’s me! I had not bothered to learn Bengali! I would never know the answer to my query!

It was all too much for me. I ran down the mountain and threw myself at the first snake I saw. Then with life quickly seeping out of me, I screamed at the top of my lungs with my last earthly breath “WHY?”

Moving on… Never trust the weather man. Ever: It was supposed to “rain all day, with maybe a slight chance of flurries” where I live. They were right by North Pole standards, but the last time I checked, six inch’s of wet white stuff that falls from the sky was not called flurries.

And that’s the memo.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Narniagirl said...

O.K......

Wednesday, 04 January, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u didn't have your Bengali translator handy when u climbed that mountain!? i take mine everywhere, u never know! ;p

Wednesday, 04 January, 2006  
Blogger Silas said...

O.K.....

Wednesday, 04 January, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So whom did you pick? Ohio or Notre Dame.

Wednesday, 04 January, 2006  
Blogger Silas said...

Well... I forgot to add in my blog that I woke up and Notre Dame was getting killed - so I decided to go with the easy choice, Ohio.

Wednesday, 04 January, 2006  
Blogger Booker said...

Problem Solved

Oh, if only you'd had a wireless signal, then you'd have been set...

Wednesday, 04 January, 2006  
Blogger BlackWtrMerc said...

yeah but there were a few cheap calls such as with a Notre Dame touchdown that got called back and a Ohio State touchdown that involved holding to open the gap. I root for Notre Dame

Wednesday, 04 January, 2006  
Blogger Silas said...

Problem Solved? What problem? The link goes nowhere...

Jade: Holding is part of football that will never go away and it happens on Every play... Who care's??...(the usual winners attitude)... In one game I was playing in I got part of my coat ripped off because of holding...

Wednesday, 04 January, 2006  
Blogger Booker said...

Son of a monkey! arghhh. :)

2nd Try

You know, sometime html is gonna be the death of me...

Thursday, 05 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home