All the news the New York Times "forgot" - to print

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Narnia; the Myth and the Lie: Two

After the last post on this subject, I felt remorseful that I had only skimmed the surface of this issue. The issue being for all of those that missed out on the first article, the myths and lies that are rampant throughout the noted author C. S. Lewis’s celebrated book, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. A careful and analytical comparison of Narnia’s History and Mr. Lewis’s book (s) will reveal that many parts of Narnian history portrayed by Mr. Lewis, are added, twisted, or completely ignored. However as I said, I only skimmed the surface in the last editorial. Today I will endeavor to bring more falsehoods and myths to justice, so that you – your children - and your children’s children - may more fully understand the True story of Narnia. (long live the true ruler of Narnia!)

5) Thee Lion (Aslan): Awwww… The Great Lion, the corner stone which upon the entire world of Narnia rests. Aslan – the great deliverer in times of desperate need, the son of the king in the east, the one who is terrible – but always good… myth , myth, myth…

Nothing could farther from the truth. In realty, Aslan was a brutal mobster that preyed on the weak and self minded. Those he kept alive as his ways and means. The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe is a classic example of this type of racketeering. In it, four children who had escaped from an insanity asylum arrive in Narnia through a wardrobe. Very quickly and alertly, Aslan sees that they are just the type’s he likes. And after quick and bloody overthrow of the lawful ruler of the land (Narnia), he establishes them as puppet kings and queens. To be short, let us just say that the period following is not known as the golden age…

Moving on. His methods for his war to capture the entire world from the east to west are best stated as cruel and barbaric (eating a queen that refused to ally with him, etc). Fear was his second name. In his rise for power, he let nothing and nobody get in his way. He said it best himself once when he was mocking a young girl that was thirsting to death; “I have eaten many people… men, woman, and children….”

C. S. Lewis saw Aslan as a figure of power. Thus, he gave him the apex position in his chronicles. Nevertheless, indeed, this Aslan - was no friend of Narnia.

6) Turkish Delight: The box was stolen from the queens royal sled/carriage by Edmond (the least nastily of the lot, but nastily yet the same). When it was reported to the queen Jaddus, that the box of her favorite fare had been stolen, she calmly and graciously said, “Someone else must have needed it more.”

Much thanks to Walt Disney Pictures for the title picture.

Labels:

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you know all this? Did you talk to C.S. Lewis's ghost?? You sound alittle far-feched. Where's your proof??

You sound like your doing this negative thing because so many are against you on this subject. In this case, the majority is right. Give it up. PLEASE

If you promise to never write anything negative about The Chronicles of Narnia, I'll promise you that you will never hear from "Narniagirl" again. Deal?

Wednesday, 14 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i find tash's point of view mind boggeling yet interesting....
i would also like to know where he's getting all this from, but.....
do u know what c.s. stands for??
his real name is Clives Staples Lewis! go figure

Thursday, 15 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Tash is doing with the Chronicles Of Narnia is some what C.S Lewis (or Jack) would have too other stories at the time. From what I’ve heard, Mr. Lewis loved to go into great detail and thought on his stories, in a way, it brought the stories to a point where they almost seem to be true. For example- Why would someone like to fight over a fake thing?-

Do not be offended when Tash post his THOERYS on Narnia. His name is TASH(the last battle) you know. Do you get offending when Osama Ben Laden calls America, “The great Satan”?After you consider the source you don’t really care about it, because of his biased nature at the United States. The Same thing applies here accept at a smaller scale. There shall always be opinion! Now, wither Tash believes in this( although I don’t think he really can because the book is fiction) or its satire, may never be known. But from reading the post I believe the later. Remember Fiction and Fact (Narnia verse U.S History). THE TWO MUST NOT BE TWAIN.

Thursday, 15 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your right on philosopher, but it's the fact that he is being disrespectful to C.S. Lewis, a fellow Christian. (But that doesn't mean that he can go attach LOTR because J.R. Tolkien wrote it and not Lewis.) I think Tash needs to learn how to make his opinions, opinions and not truth. If he would do that, then less people would be offended. Am I making sense?

Thursday, 15 December, 2005  
Blogger Booker said...

narnia girl-get a grip.

Just because Lewis was a christian is no reason for Tash not to do what he is doing. I love Narnia, but you really need to differentiate between reality and fantasy. Narnia I-S-N-T real. Stop treating it like it is. You are acting like he is attacking the Bible or something. And as Philosopher said, it's fiction.

Hope that wasn't too harsh, but NGirl is really starting to grate with her comments. and Tash, feel more than free to delete this if you feel it IS to harsh :)

Thursday, 15 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a VERY loyal fan of The Chronicles of Narnia. Leave it at that.

Thursday, 15 December, 2005  
Blogger Silas said...

I think Philosopher summed up this debate pretty well... Don't take my anything on my blog to seriously!

Thursday, 15 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

C.S Lewis was not without critics. His close friend, J.R.R Tolkien, was critical of The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe.

C.S Lewis said this about Tolkien’s thought on Narnia at the Time when the book when Lewis was trying to publish his book:” Tolkien despises it, He says I have a worthless jumble of different mythologies”

Lewis’s own ( or too be) publisher was also critical. In a biography (Heroes of the Faith book by Sam Wellman) on C.S Lewis, (quote from book) “Jack’s publisher, Geoffrey Bles, was not enthusiastic about the story either. Now dubbed The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, it combined Christianity, Santa Claus, talking animal’s fauns, witches and real people.”

So Lewis’s story’s were not without its critics- Then, (Tolkien and his own publisher) and Now(Tash and some others [ although others may mean more] )

“Attacking” what someone says is not the same as being disrespectful; it’s the way you look at it.

For example: Was Tolkien disrespectful by saying those comments about Narnia? My answer would be no. The simply did not like the book (for the above reason). Am I Disrespectful to the president if I say he’s liberal in his use of tax money (Signing of bills, no vetoes, est. )?. No am just critical of his actions.

I believe you can be critical without being disrespectful.

THERE SHALL AWAYS BE CRITICS (of Tash’s storys AND of Narnia )

Thursday, 15 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is going to be Narniagirls last comment. I think I've said my opinion, and now I should move on.

But let me explain why I was the way I was. The Chronicles of Narnia has made me who I am in some ways. I wouldn't be the same person if I hadn't read the books. To me, Alsan and God are one and the same. In my mind God is like Alsan; and because of the books, I saw what Jesus did in a realistic way. It changed my life.

So when I see that someone is attacking part of me (or something that has driven me) , I get alittle to defensive, I'd rather die then see the things I support be talk down upon. I'm a very loyal person, and sometimes I don't think of what other people might have to say. It's my weakness and Narnia is a big issue to me.

I don't back-down on anything I said, but maybe I could have said the same things alittle differently.

But I have to say, Tash does put alot of thought into his negative veiws and I know him well enough that he won't back-down either.

So Tash, I would like to make a peace agreement, if you go Caroling tomorrow, we will talk.

Ta-Ta!

Thursday, 15 December, 2005  
Blogger QueenOfLillyFlowers said...

Ta-ta to you too, you, narniagirl ,narniagal, and narniachick. you are all those - i know your true idenity _ or you have two helpers.

Thursday, 15 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so not all the same person. We are all friends, but different people.

Thursday, 15 December, 2005  
Blogger Silas said...

Your all taking this tooooooooooooo seriously children.... I think you all need to go back to Doc. RyuSoma's school for commenting and blogging excellence...

Ummmm... Peace to the world!

Thursday, 15 December, 2005  
Blogger Gayle said...

I have just finished reading all the above comments and I am near to rolling on the floor and laughing MAO!!! This is really very humerous.

I'm sorry. I do not mean to offend anyone here, but I have to be honest.

I can't comment on your post Tash, but the strange thing is I just bought the book today for my daughter as a Christmas present. After this, when she finishes with it I will have to read it!

Merry Christmas to you and to all who have commented here. And best wishes for a blessed New Year. :)

Thursday, 15 December, 2005  
Blogger Silas said...

Ha, Ha.

I have never watched one of them (the old movies) the whole way through. I see enough of the movie after five minutes. Ummm… to say it kindly – there BAD.

Friday, 16 December, 2005  
Blogger BlackWtrMerc said...

What do you mean majority it's 5 to 2
narnians you are the minority

Saturday, 17 December, 2005  
Blogger BlackWtrMerc said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Saturday, 17 December, 2005  
Blogger Silas said...

Prince Caspian... I think he's next on the list....

Saturday, 17 December, 2005  
Blogger BlackWtrMerc said...

Anyway good work at the piano recital narniachick but cs lewis still misinterpreted the story of narnia tash do you have anything about lewis's interpretation of prince caspian?

Monday, 19 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home