All the news the New York Times "forgot" - to print

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Thoughts on losing an election....

It was once said by a very wise man that the sound of one hand clapping; is the other not.

As some of you out there know, I have been involved in a paramilitary government support group called Teenpact. (Just kidding for those who might know the honorable organization of which I assure you is completely devoted to world peace as set out in the current newspaper comic series Non Sequitur.) In fact today one of the staff leaders told me that using the United Nations is the best way to achieve world peace. And he gave some very intriguing examples in which he said the UN has done something useful for the cause of peace. They where 1) When the UN rescued United States special forces shot down in the instance of Black Hawk down.(I do not have the name of the country on the tip of my tongue it’s somewhere in Africa.) Number 2) was the UN involvement in stopping the fighting in the Kosovo conflict. What he did not state was that in both of these cases the UN blotched up their missions and then bagged the US to help save them from being wiped out. In the case of Kosovo most UN peace keepers (this time armed solders) simply stood by and did not do anything while thousands where slaughtered.

Right now I really do not have much of a opinion on the United Nations as a whole. Mostly because of my lack of how it’s structure works and is run. I really do not want to be one of those people that does not know anything about it but pretends too. Just something I was thinking about after that talk.

Yes, the reason the election results are all the way down here is that I lost. I am still not sure why because I have not found out how close the vote really was. I really needed to get some support from the older crowd who was "being forced by their parents to come learn about government"(They could care less who won as far as I could perceive). I would just like to thank everyone who voted for me. And for those that did not I am willing to sell free swamp land in Mexeei-co.

3 Comments:

Blogger pennyjean said...

I'm sorry you lost the election. I do, however, love your new blog design. Very nice.

Friday, 20 May, 2005  
Blogger Silas said...

Boooooohooooooooooo.

Friday, 20 May, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

howwwwwwwwwwwwww SAD! very SAD! very veRy SAD! I lost an election once. Booohooo hooooo!

Monday, 23 May, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home