All the news the New York Times "forgot" - to print

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Arms Race

I have been looking up to last week for looking for a relatively cheap, decent airsoft pistol to go along with my M4 that I got last December. As some of you know, (I'm sure!) last Sunday was my 18th birthday. One of the gifts that I got from my sib's and parents was this - a JLS G19C SIGMA Airsoft Electric Pistol. One of the great things about it is that it can fire both simi automatic and full. The # one things I disliked most about the airsoft pistols I had used previously was the time it took to shoot, pull back the slide, shoot, pull back the slide... shoot, pull back the slide.... etc. To put it really simply - against a automatic - you stand no chance. You mine as well turn around and go tag up before you even shot.....


Anyways, the rate of fire for the JLS when on automatic is good enough to give you a chance to survive in a engagement with anyone. I won't necessarily recommend it as a primary gun to use but it makes a great backup for situations when your primary might break down or someone else who's gun has broke down is using yours (happened to me - and the person I loaned it to was on the other side too....) It's good enough that becoming a war correspondent doesn't have to become your best options till you get your regular airsoft gun back. It gives you a fighting chance to live and do some damage. The accuracy is maybe a little less then average for airsoft pistols but I think it makes up for that with the amount of BB's that you can fire. Plus it's cheap - you can get 2 for the price of one. I think the reason why they are able to sell it for such a low price is because it's almost completely plastic. But then again - I've only had it for a week and a half so check back with me on it's durability later.... (Aidan got one a while ago and he hasn't had any problems whatsoever with it so far).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home