All the news the New York Times "forgot" - to print

Friday, December 29, 2006

The War to End All Wars

The sky was dark and vultures flew menacingly above a group of Friday morning airsoft warriors huddled close to their base which had just been ravaged and desecrated by a roving band on enemy soldiers. The warriors still had the objective of winning the battle - this conflict would decide the fate of liberty, justice, freedom, equality, independence and integrity -not to mention the stability of America. They had to do something to win the war - and they had to do it fast. All other previous attempts to capture the enemy's flag had failed with heavy casualties. The general feeling though was that one more strong charge and the defenses may break.


I - Sergeant Tash who had been shot at least 200 times by this point - took the point position of the charge. It was about 500 plus feet to the enemy's base and their coveted flag but we didn't encounter any real resistance until we were within 15 feet of the base. We wiped out the first line of defense and then stifled the flag sitters and in the mean time Peter grabbed the flag and we were off back to our camp and glorious wonderful victory. We had saved the world - at least for today.... Yes!

That was a some what false (but not totally false...) compendium of the first battle - the second battle was won by my team also but I actually almost was neutral during the second war because I was a war correspondent (aka taking pictures). I actually carried an airsoft pistol with me the whole time I was taking pictures both on my side and behind enemy lines but I hardly ever used it because there was sort of an understanding that you don't shoot the guy with the camera. I returned the favor by not shooting them even though at a few points in the game I could have done some real damage to their side. What this shows that even in war - even in airsoft battles - some sanity can exist....

Just when you think you're safe - watch out....
Off to battle
Firing squad for the early deserters
The Assassin

Ryan hides behind a huge pine branch.... yeah that's going to help him...
Peter about to break the Geneva convention rules on shooting media
Ready....
Charge!
The bad guys guarding their base

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post. How many participants were there?

Friday, 29 December, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

>Sargent Tash...
Hey, who promoted YOU? ;-p

Great battle! Thanks for coming and making it happen.

You got some great shots here. Thanks for posting the pictures so soon!

I'm linking to this from the Airsoft Guide (www.airsoftguide.blogspot.com)

Friday, 29 December, 2006  
Blogger Silas said...

I think the # was somewhere around 20 guys - maybe more

I was sitting at the computer trying to make that sentence work and I had to add Sergeant.... No I just premoted myself.

We all had a really great time. Thanks so much for doing it

Friday, 29 December, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, I know. I was just kidding :-).

20 is a pretty good guess. There were eight fully automatic rifles on the field at the start of the battle. At the end, about 5 or 6. Some technical difficulties!

Friday, 29 December, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pictures Silas!

What you can't see in that picture is that I had a stone wall right next to me so I had plenty of cover. ; )

Thanks for coming and making my b-day the best!

See ya,
Ryan : )

Saturday, 30 December, 2006  
Blogger Silas said...

Ok - I couldn't see the wall in the picture....

It did seem like a lot of people were having problems with their guns. Mine ran out of battery almost right away but I was able to steal Aidans because his gun wasn’t working.

Saturday, 30 December, 2006  
Blogger QueenOfLillyFlowers said...

No girls have commented till now. Is that a sign of mutual disgust or of total boredom? I‘m giving you time to ponder.

Saturday, 30 December, 2006  
Blogger Silas said...

I've added more pictures - you can find the link below the first link to "more pictures".

Monday, 01 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Years!

Monday, 01 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home