All the news the New York Times "forgot" - to print

Thursday, January 12, 2006

This is a little late... but....

First: The all new public school Silent Night!!! (clap, clap, clap...)

Cold in the night,

no one in sight,

winter winds whirl and bite,
how I wish I were happy and warm,
safe with my family out of the storm...

(roaring appause and shouts of "bravo!" from proud parents...)

Yaa... stuff about Christmas on January 12 is a little late the last time I checked. However - I found a really good non offence Christmas Carol for those of you like me that loath songs with offending references to snow and horses (it will be helpful for next year...) on this website. Finally! I've been waiting forever for one of these since my 61’th birthday! And as you’re all caring benevolent dictator, I highly recommend that you sing this well making snowpersons and celebrating the holidays...

I have included below his reason for the making of the tune... enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I also have a carol that contains words offensive to me. The verse in the popular "Jingle Bells" contains references to horses and snow simultaneously. This is something that I simply cannot stomach, as I have had past bad experiences with both equestrian mammals and snow. So I have exercised my freedoms as well and composed my own variation:"
Dashing through the dirt
On a pair of broken skis
Flying through the woods
Bouncing off of trees

Then ahead I see
A skier's greatest fear
Off the cliff with a hi-de-ho
My last jump of the year

Oh, Jingle Bells
As I fell
Whistling through the air
Landing in a briar patch
But no one even cared

Oh, Jingle Bells
Now I tell
Why I never ski
Since that day
I've had no way
To stand on my own two feet.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger QueenOfLillyFlowers said...

S.I.C.K

Thursday, 12 January, 2006  
Blogger Gayle said...

You are a card Tash! :)

Where have you been? I was surprised to see you over at Blog America, of all places. That Blog is just about kaput, since most of the partners involved on it seem to have quit blogging. Anyway, a belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!

Friday, 13 January, 2006  
Blogger Silas said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you..... thank you.. - Again - I did not write the tune... So don't be mad at me...

Friday, 13 January, 2006  
Blogger Booker said...

I'm offended, deeply offended! Think of the poor trees the guy hurt.

Tash, I am really shocked you could put up something so hurtful, so degrading to the trees of the planet.
I think I'm gonna cry...

Saturday, 14 January, 2006  
Blogger David S. MacMillan III said...

i've had no way
to stand without my knees!


Yes, that would have been better.

Sunday, 15 January, 2006  
Blogger Narniagirl said...

Tash, thanks for the link to my blog!

Sunday, 15 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home