All the news the New York Times "forgot" - to print

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Why McCain?

Just something I was thinking about yesterday for no reason in particular... this will be the last post I make about the 08 pres. election - for real - I promise!* I really can't think of one positive reason why I wanted McCain to be president. None, nada, zip, zer0. The most prevalent reasons given for voting for McCain, and largely the reasons why I connected the lines for him on the ballot were largely based off the fear of what Obama might do if he was elected (ex. radical judges, universal healthcare, etc) - not real reasons why McCain would be a excellent or even good president. McCain was a terrible debater ("my friends/my friends/my friends"), not really inspiring on any of the major issues, essentially very baaaaaaaaaaah.

On the other hand unfortunately there really weren't any great alternatives to vote for soooooo... Obama probably really was the "chosen one." It's an understatement to say the the Republican Party is a total mess right now. Who knows... Federalist Party (1792-1820ish) - Whig Party (1834-1854) - Republican Party (1854-today) - ?

*unless I am bribed with $$$$$$$$ - then I'll think about it

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ron Paul 08.

Thursday, 08 January, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i totally agree with you... although i voted more for palin than against obama. (but we don't need to get into that debate again)

Thursday, 08 January, 2009  
Blogger 1smalldino said...

Huckabee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, 08 January, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike Gravel!!!

Thursday, 08 January, 2009  
Blogger The Mello's said...

Huckabee!!!!:)

Thursday, 08 January, 2009  
Blogger Aaron C said...

Hey, has anyone heard of John Thune? I don't think he'll run, but he seems pretty good.

(Of course, he comes from South Dakota...but then again, Palin comes from Alaska.)

http://www.google.com/search?q=john+thune&btnGNS=Search+youtube.com&oi=navquery_searchbox&sa=X&as_sitesearch=youtube.com&hl=en

http://www.cwfa.org/articles/8629/BLI/reports/index.htm

Maybe he'll run with Huckabee.

Thursday, 08 January, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home