All the news the New York Times "forgot" - to print

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Saturday Morning Football

We hosted a football game this morning for some football minded guys that we know. It was really looking bad weather wise yesterday and it wasn't certain that we were even going to be able to play football but fortunately the weather cleared up around 11:45 and we were able to get the game going. Even though my team lost 105 to 9 I still felt like we had won after the game because our defense was really good - yeah we let up a couple of bombs and missed a few tackles but for the most part the defense played great. Lots of fun on that side.

The offense was a different story though - we couldn't move the ball anywhere. I think part of it was disorganization on the fact that no one had a good idea about what the other guy was doing and the 2d reason for the bad offense was that we really didn't have a quarterback. We had a lot of great wideouts and tightends but not anyone that was able to hold the QB position consistently. And that’s the main reason why we lost - we constantly were giving them the ball with good field position and thus gave them easy points.

Lots of fun anyways....

The group
David blocks a throw from Nate right at the line of scrimmage
The offensive and defensive lines
Touchdown!
A random moment
A diving attempt at the football - all in vain though - the pass fell harmlessly incomplete
The post-game scrum.... just kidding - this was actually the end of a posed picture of everyone jumping for a football.
Back to the house for lunch -
After we ate a few of the guys that could still walk immediately went outside for a second football game.
For some bad reason - I'm playing quarterback. Not very fun for me and even worse for the team....
My defense rushes to make the tackle
Ryan "Michael Vick" E. makes takes off for the endzone (the flash wasn't on for this picture so it turned out really fuzzy....)
Incomplete pass
Incomplete pass 2

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey all,

Those are some great pictures! I wish I had brought our camera.

Yeah I guess I was playing like Vick but that was because we were blitzed EVERY play! ; ) That was tough... Oh well, I had a great time. Airsoft next time!

See ya,
Ryan : )

Sunday, 24 December, 2006  
Blogger Narniagirl said...

Jonathan M. told me all about it!

Merry Christmas!!

Monday, 25 December, 2006  
Blogger Rex Tyrannus said...

Good job on the line, Ryan! We shut them down tight.

Monday, 25 December, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great day! Thanks for having us over Hathaways.

The second game was very intresting considering all the blitz's. Ray M. sure did make it funny though.

Great pictures too. I think you toped Michael in covering the action of the game. :-)

See ya,

Matthew T.

Tuesday, 26 December, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From that last pix, I can see what your whole problem stemmed from.

That guy in the red shirt.

He distracted everyone. Classic tactic in football. I have to say, I wonder that you fell for it.

:-)

Wednesday, 27 December, 2006  
Blogger Silas said...

whatever....

I should mention that I didn't take any of the photos (Grace did) - I just posted them.

Wednesday, 27 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home