All the news the New York Times "forgot" - to print

Monday, April 24, 2006

Da Bate Update

Well... we ended up winning first place. The final debate didn't go nearly as well as I was hoping it would - let's just say it was spicy - it got a little rough at times unfortunately due to factors on both sides. And I'll just stop there... Most of it was on our part though - I didn't make it totally clear that the funding argument had been addressed by Aidan in the 2NC and I further dug the hole by dumbly saying something about the Affirmative team not being able to argue the funding point because we where in the rebuttals. Weeellll... turns out that I had forgotten I was speaking in the Negative block! Woops! Bonk me on the head and call me a monkey... Ouch. That would tick off any affirmative team... Then the definition... I never said anyone lied. I said it was it, the definition, was changed so I did not accept it. I should have just ignored the whole thing. It shouldn't have been a big deal....


I noticed that about half or more of the people watching where rooting against us. Ya, coming from the middle of nowhere doesn't help. But the fan base we did have was Great!! Thanks to all who supported us! It kind of seemed like it was me/us Vs. the world - and that’s not the most fun way to debate.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home