All the news the New York Times "forgot" - to print

Friday, July 11, 2008

My BrainType

I'm a ESTP!

According to BrainTypes.com
FEIR / ESTP "Opportunist"
"smooth operator," deal-maker; tactical, enterprising; adaptable, persuasive, energetic; seeks fun and excitement; athletic; enjoys the moment; realistic, good natured, self-focused; body- and clothes-conscious; entrepreneur; negotiator; promoter; fine motor skilled.

I did a little bit of research and found one article that made an interesting observation about ESTP's. Quoting from this article: "ESTPs have an uncanny ability to perceive people's attitudes and motivations. They pick up on little cues which go completely unnoticed by most other types, such as facial expressions and stance. They're typically a couple of steps ahead of the person they're interacting with. ESTPs use this ability to get what they want out of a situation."

The above essentially (btw, essentially is probably the most used word in NCFCA debate, probobly is next followed closely by basically) sums up my debate career. One of the main reasons I think I was able to do ok in my four years of NCFCA TP debate was because I did notice and make adjustments based on the "little cues" from judges.

Berry interesting...

You can take a test/questionnaire here to see what BrainType you may have. It's not entirely accurate but at least you can get an idea of what's out there.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Silas said...

what? I have a huge ego? That's news to me. I'm guessing that you took the test & didn't like what you got so you decided to take out your rage here?

Saturday, 12 July, 2008  
Blogger Aaron C said...

Hey I'm an INFP. I took a personality test a week ago.

Is that one of the Brain Types?

Tuesday, 15 July, 2008  
Blogger Silas said...

yep, it is. We're going to have to have you guys down for a football game soon or something.

Tuesday, 15 July, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home