All the news the New York Times "forgot" - to print

Sunday, December 09, 2007

There Was A Debate Tonight?

Believe it or not, there was a Republican presidential primary candidate debate tonight.(you can find the long transcript here) Most Americans will never really find out what was said however because the debate was being translated in Spanish live... And I don't know about you, but my Spanish is just about as good as my French, German, Chinese and Arabic (all four of which I am a native born fluent speaker and reader...). My best hope was to read their lips - which lasted about 30 seconds before I decided to give up. From what I've read from unqualified sources, no one said anything that totally destroyed their campaign... although, every time Romney speaks, his staff is biting their finger nails and sitting on the edges of their chairs...

Interesting note: GOP frontrunner - for a spot on the worst presidential campaign ever, Tom Tancredo, decide to boycott the debate because he saw it as pandering to the Hispanic community. My question: what else does a politician do other then pander. Of course Tancredo is the one exception.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home